EVENTS At:The Entrance:
Farmers Market-Every Sat of the Month
Walking Distances from Sandy Cove Apartments
- Waterfront via Ocean Pde/Beach Street approximately 450 steps (342m)
- SCA – Surf Club via patrolled beach via Ocean Pde/Beach Street approximately 1200 steps (approximately 914m)
- Ocean Baths via patrolled beach, Ocean Pde-Beach Street approximately 1590 steps (approximately 1212m)
- SCA – Bottom of high street via Denning Street approximately 933 steps (approximately 710m)
- SCA - To Picnic Point approximately 2,000 steps (approximately 1524M)
Coast to Lake Walk - The Entrance Coast to Lake Scenic Walk is a self-guided walk connecting pedestrians to attractions, landmarks, and facilities around The Entrance, covering over 7.6km of our beautiful area.
Fishing- The Entrance is famous for its fishing, both in the ocean beaches and lakes. Whether you fish for sport or leisure, there are many locations where you can drop a line in and try your luck in our waterways.
Picnic& Barbeque areas There are a number of barbecue and picnic areas around The Entrance with beautiful, natural surroundings where you can relax and enjoy time with family and friends.
Norah Head Lighthouse & Nature Walk - Bush Street, Norah Head
Take the pleasant short walk from the Art Cafe at Bush Street to the glorious views of the Nora Head Lighthouse (approximately 1,000 step walk)
The Norah Head Lighthouse (constructed in 1903) sits on the headland overlooking the Pacific Ocean and is an operating beacon for shipping.
Crack neck Lookout
Crack Neck lookout is in the Southern section of Wyrrabalong National Park.
To get there from Bateau Bay:
- Take Bateau Bay Road for about 500m
- Turn right onto Burrawong Street
- Take the first right to Hilltop Street and follow it to Crack Neck Point at the end